Monday, February 20, 2006

Scottish TV Presenter/Journalist Considers Crucifixion

I ran across this article today and found it to be very interesting. . .

The Scottish TV presenter and journalist Dominik Diamond is considering undergoing physical crucifixion as part of a controversial television documentary about Christianity.


Diamond, once a committed Christian, will try to rediscover his faith in a journey from Scotland, via the Vatican and Italy, to the Philippines, where Christians celebrate Easter by re-enacting Christ's ordeal on the Cross.

Diamond said; "I'm in my mid-30s, I've got three kids and it's about time I did something that didn't involve cheap gags. You might as well aim high so I thought I'd try to find God."
The documentary, Crucify Me, is being made for the Five channel by Ginger TV, part of the Glasgow-based Scottish Media Group.

Interesting Factors

Clearly interesting, equally as insane, I think there is a solid lesson for people in Dominik Diamond's faith journey. I believe that humans have a need to connect with their Creator. Many of us find far less serious ways to self explore/destruct than to experience physical crucifixion. I hope and pray that God would reveal himself to this man.

taken from


No comments: