Saturday, November 11, 2006

getting the word out

We spent our entire day promoting the store at a large outdoor concert venue called WayFest. You can see the main headlining bands listed above. The day was awesome. We were able to make contact with over a thousand people. We had our merchandise set up on display, passed out 10% off-coupons to the store, brochures, stickers and entered people in a drawing to win a $200 shopping spree or 1 of 4, $50 gift cards. The only thing that would have made today better was actually selling our merchandise...but alas, our merchandise is not here until Tuesday and everyone will have to wait exactly 6 days until we open.

(Notice Ryan grooving to the tune of Barlow Girl...he is pictured with Shea, one of our super-cool employees.)


There were times today when we could hardly keep up with all of the people stopping by our informational booth. It was CRAZZZZY!

Ryan and Emily workin' the booth. Are these 2 old enough to be running a retail store?

Don't worry...I was at the event helping too, but now as I sit here on my couch and blog about the day I am longing to put on my amazing aroma therapy socks that I was sent in the mail earlier this week. Many thanks to my cool mother-in-law for including me in the funky socks exchange (I would put a link to her blog, but it doesn't exist yet...don't you think Mary Ann should have a blog? We do.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, honestly I do not think they are old enough to run the store... what was I thinking!

The Guy that hired them to run the store.

jr

Sher said...

Ummmm....I totally called you a week ago and you haven't called me back yet? You and Jana both! (Actually, I called her again today and finally got her.) What's up with that????

miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey looks great. I love the picts. You all look great and ready to roll.

jsklein

Cathy said...

Too cute
Christian T-Shirt