Wednesday, November 01, 2006

idleness


Staying at home. Some people, men and women, aspire to not working or retiring to leisure at some point in their lives. Count me out.

Not interacting with people is not my cup of tea...I feel a little idle these days. In my little over a week of un-employement and staying-at-homeness, I have really gained a sense that there is work to do, in a spiritual sense, for me, employed or not. Ryan has let me tag a long with store business and has kept me in the loop on what he is doing, which has allowed me to connect with people. I also finally met our neighbor today and look forward to hanging out with her more. People were created to glorify their creator and there is something inside of us that desires to connect with others. We were created for joy! As more days go on I find myself less interested in the final un-packing and decorating details of our new place and I end up wasting my time online, going through picture albums and planning meals farther in advance than I ever thought I would. Ugh. I'm fighting the idlesness...

"I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do." -John 17:4

No comments: