Monday, December 18, 2006

a little sugar

Tonight Ryan and I decorated Christmas cookies together. Unlike most families, we decorate a wide-assortment of cookies to enjoy; when I say wide-assortment I am referring to Ryan's beloved star-of-David cookie and our Texas cookie. This year Ryan topped his most creative efforts to come up with a manger cookie; it is really quite impressive looking if I do say so.

Here Ryan is holding one of his creative manger cookies and is quite sad because he broke a leg of the manger while preparing to frost it. Very sad.

Here
is a very blurry picture of one of our Star of David cookies. This cookie cutter was a gift from me to Ryan last year and prompted interesting discussion when we took a bunch of them to Allison & Anthony's Christmas party last year...people thought we were the token Jewish couple. (Ryan's manger is to the left of the Star of David.)

5 comments:

Sher said...

Doesn't Ryan have some Jewish blood in his background? I want to say that maybe a grandfather or great-grandfather or something? maybe I'm thinking of someone else....

AK said...

I'm so sad to not have a Star of David cookie this year! I do love the mangers though! You should save some and bring them next weekend!

RC said...

There are only so many mangers to go around...especially after the broken one.

AK said...

Oh well. I guess we'll just have to be satisfied with seeing your shining faces next weekend!

Unknown said...

What a lovely and beautiful idea! I loved the cookies and I sympathize with you completely about the feelings about Israel. Maybe you are interested as I am in the Jewish star of David jewelry. Thanks for sharing.