Wednesday, February 28, 2007

missing Picasso art and sunshine

Two famous Picasso paintings were reported stolen from the home of the painter's granddaughter.
People are saying that the paintings, “Portrait of Jacqueline” (left, circa '61) and “Maya With Doll” (right, circa '38) are valued at $66 million. The value that society places on items, such as these paintings, always blows me away.
Too bad I am not considered prolific enough to warrant my creative outputs being worth millions...I mean, my mother has boxes and boxes of my school work from growing up and she can't even get $.01 for it....what a shame... :-)
On a personal note, I am ecstatic about spending the rest of the week wearing polo shirts and sunglasses while I work at the 2007 Honda Classic, PGA Golf tourney! The tourney is being held at the very beautiful grounds of the PGA National Resort and Spa in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, just up the road from where we live. I would get more specific about what I'm doing and some interesting folks I've gotten to meet in the last couple of days, but I like to keep my employer vague on here. It is just a blast to not be in a suit sitting at a desk. Yesterday I went and had a spa pedicure (thank you Ryan) to relax and have my feet butified to be in sandals for the rest of the week. Amen for pedicures and sunshine. :-)

1 comment:

Sher said...

I'm really looking forward to our golf tourney in May. It's not PGA...it's a charity tourney. And it's only 2 days instead of a week. But it should be sooooo much fun!