Sunday, February 25, 2007

my oscar predications


I know that I rarely talk about movies on my blog, but I thought I would make my husband proud by making some official Oscar predictions before the show tonight. Ryan is going to post his picks on strangeculture, so we'll see who faired better at the end of the night.

My winners are...

Picture – Little Miss Sunshine
Director – Martin Scorsese, The Departed
Actor – Forrest Whitaker, Last King of Scotland
Actress – Helen Mirren, The Queen
Supporting Actor – Djimon Hounsou, Blood Diamond
Supporting Actress – Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls
Original Screenplay – Little Miss Sunshine
Adapted Screenplay – The Departed
Animated Film – Monster House
Foreign Language Film – Pan’s Labyrinth
Documentary – Jesus Camp
Editing - Babel
Cinematography – The Prestige
Art Direction – The Prestige
Costume Design – The Devil Wears Prada
Make-up – Pan’s Labyrinth
Sound Mixing - Dreamgirls
Sound Editing – Flags of Our Fathers
Visual Effects – Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
Original Score - Babel
Original Song – “Our Town,” Cars
Animated Short Film - Maestro
Live Action Short Film – West Bank Story
Documentary Short – Recycled Life

3 comments:

Grete said...

If I counted correctly, you lost to your husband by 2 guesses (11 vs. 13). You both beat me - I only had 10 right!

Suzy and Brian said...

Suzanne and I went to an Oscar party and, combined, we got 10 right.

Yep, we're not worthy!

RC said...

congats on your success kim, you made me proud.

and way to go on west bank story.