Saturday, February 17, 2007

the things we do for love

"Must one not wonder about people willing to wear a commerical trademark on the outside of their shirts or caps or shoes to let others know who they are? And just think of a world in which little children sing, 'I wish I were a [certain kind of] wiener. That is what I really want to be. For if I were [that certain kind of] wiener. Everyone would be in love with me.'

Think of what it would mean to be a weenie, or for someone to love you as they 'love' a hot dog. Think of a world in which adults would pay millions of dollars to have children perform this song in 'commericals' and in which hundreds of millions, even billions, of adults find no problem in it. You are thinking of our world. If you are willing to be a weenie to be loved, what else would you be willing to do?"

--Dallas Williard, The Divine Conspiracy

No comments: