Sunday, March 25, 2007

re-cap from the past week


The weather in So. Florida has been so incredible in the past few weeks that I've been soaking up the sun and not blogging or e-mailing much. Everyone at work has had "spring fever" and left early to enjoy being outside before, what we're told, will be a miserably hot summer.

Tonight Ryan and I were part of the first LifeChurch - Wellington membership class. I was very excited to enter in a covenant community that we can serve in. While I never would have pictured us being a part of LifeChurch, God has clearly shown us that this is where He would have us to serve. An aspect of LifeChurch that I really appreciate is their focused mission; To lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. I love it. It is a focused vision, accomplished through the ministry of it's covenant members, focused on Christ. Our membership covenant requires a commitment that we would be involved in LifeGroups (small group Bible study), that we would tithe, serve an a church ministry and also participate in 1 mission experience each year. We're actively praying about which ministry we should be serving in and I am def. looking forward to see what God is going to do!

On a side note, I'm not sure if the PR/Communications folks @ LifeChurch sent out a press release, but kudos for getting the church in the Palm Beach Post. As a marketing person I can def. appreciate the media/message value.

At work...I have had an increasing number of folks wander in my office and ask for "blessings from the Sister." You might ask why this is happening...I acutally have a plaque on my office door that dedicates the office to a nun who was formally a CEO at my place of work. In the past week alone more than 6 people asked me to either pray for them, christen their child or to bless them with holy water.


Watch this message video at LifeChurch.tv

2 comments:

AK said...

I can't believe you have been keeping this gift of blessing from us! You must not forget to bring some holy water with you when you guys come out here so you can bless our house!

Dad said...

40 degrees and cloudy in Idaho. S'posed to be down to 26 tonight. Might snow.

We should visit you guys now, then you should come up in July.