Tuesday, April 03, 2007

i'm a fool

This April Fool's came and went without me falling for a prank, or so I thought until a little bit ago.

On Sunday I was checking my gmail account when I read their announcement "re-introducing" Gmail Paper... I read it and thought it was a little odd that Gmail was offering to print and mail you hard copies of your e-mails and attachments (including color photos), in as large of a quantity as you wanted. I just felt like Gmail had outstanding service.

But tonight Ryan informed me that Gmail Paper was Google's April Fool's joke and I felt a little taken, but extremely foolish...

Anyone else fall for the joke?

Everyone loves Gmail. But not everyone loves email, or the digital era. What ever happened to stamps, filing cabinets, and the mailman? Well, you asked for it, and it’s here. We’re bringing it back.

2 comments:

Jeff Reed said...

Ha Ha Ha! I didn't see that, but that is awesome. I didn't get into Gmail on Sunday (it's like the one day in the week I don't live in it).

Sher said...

My brother-in-law emailed that to me. I wonder if he was trying to get me to fall for it, or if he fell for it. I don't have a gmail account, so I didn't really think anything of it. Pretty funny though!