Wednesday, March 07, 2007

thief


I can't expect people who don't know Jesus to act like they do.
Last weekend I was at a nice golf venue for work and someone swiped the camera from our table. Initially I was really upset that someone would do that -- let alone someone who could afford to buy a much nicer camera and who had paid at least $75/ticket to be at the event we were at. When I told my boss about what happened she said that she couldn't believe that someone would do that, and I concurred. But then I got to thinking about it some more... I guess I should expect someone to do that; humans are always battling their sin, and I have no idea if our camera theif even thought twice about what they were doing.


I often forget to consider what the Holy Spirit's convictions keep me from, and without Christ's work in my life who knows what I would do. It also with the same convictions that I have forgiven our little camera theif and hope that they are putting it to good use.


"For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction." - I Thessalonians 1: 4-5

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it is wrong to blame a non christian for the theft of your camera.you dont know who took your camera.see your bigoted view of the world as a "christian".
i think any form of believing something without proof is dangerous.just as dangerous as what was seen in Jesus Camp.it shows in your comments on this post.
i do not want you ever teaching my children with those "us against the world" ideas.
people smoke pot
people have sex
there is no god who stands in judgement
believe in nothing and obtain
freedom....
but what you do with that freedom is important and lets hope most people try to get along and not tell each other what to do or what to think.
i hope you come to your senses and explore the idea of living with a free mind.otherwise you are closed in your little world view and you will miss true hapiness.believe in life
as an "atheist" i have my own moral compass.

Kimberly Ann said...

I appreciate that comment. I was off-base for assuming that our thief was a non-Christian. I am a Christian and I do things in the wrong frequently.

I think what I intended to express was the feeling of having something taken from you, of value, and needing to forgive someone.

Anyhow, again, I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

well alrighty then.. and excuse MY tirade.i didnt make much sense and was heavy handed.i just stumbled into your site and you were the target of my latent "issues"with "christians"

everythings cool.be happy