Wednesday, May 09, 2007

...and this is the longest day of my life


Ok, so that's a lie. Today is just one of the longest days of my life -- the quote, which was taken from Season 1 of 24 ("Right now, terrorists are plotting to assassinate a presidential candidate. My wife and daughter have been targeted. And people i work with may be involved in both. I'm Federal Agent Jack Bauer and this is the longest day of my life.")

I'll come back to 24 later, but as for today...

Work has literally been insane for the past 3 weeks. I feel the need to apologize to the world for returning very few calls from friends and family and any nutty stressed-out behavior that I have exhibited. No excuses, I have been pretty lame lately. Oh, and my blog has gotten totally lame, too. Let's just say that there is a national news story that took place where I work this week and I have dealt with escalated national media folks at length for the past 2 days. I am happy to say that things should be calming down after tomorrow and I had the pleasure of telling someone they were escalated today. What a wonderful adjective. Almost as wonderful as the word fabulous.

Yesterday I was a stressed out crazy-woman, but thanks to Jesus, my wonderfully calming/patient husband and an elliptical machine, today I was able to be calm. I have to say that I am so thankful that I can walk through tough days without fear, knowing that

my God has already saved the day through salvation in His son, and that's really all that matters in life. What I do to earn a paycheck is frankly insignificant (as much as I would sometimes like to think that it is very important to the world turning correctly...). The only meaningful part of my job is that I have an opportunity to share love and grace with the people I come into contact with, and I am not even faithful with fulfilling that purpose at times.

The lyrics to a Hillsong United song, Salvation, played in the back of my mind all day.. for I know my God saved the day, and I know His word never fails and I know my God made a way for me.... It's gonna' be alright :-)

Back to 24. What can I say, I love Jack Bauer. I love the suspense. Season 5 rocked and I am dying to run down to Blockbuster and watch the first 4 episodes of Season 6 on DVD. The best TV show ever...

7 comments:

RC said...

if we didn't have friends in the middle of season 2 and 3...otherwise i would post on it.

Anna said...

Please dont post on it at all...my husband and I are ending Season 1 now and have the rest lined up to watch. This was a great post....glad I came by via your hubbys blog.

:) Take care.

Anna said...

Oh, and we LOVE 24! :) We can't believe how people had to wait from week to week to watch it.

AK said...

I'm glad to hear that things are calming down for you! Miss you tons! We'll catch up soon.

RC said...

anna, we too couldn't wait week to week ourselves...

no, we'd much prefer to wait upfront so we can have instant gratification later.

kim...i'm glad things are calming down for you too :-)

Anonymous said...

You and RC act like you don't see each other!!
me

Lorna said...

"We can't believe how people had to wait from week to week to watch it"

If we hadn't had a week between episodes, my heart would have given out---it was always pounding at the end of the hour; my teeth would be grinding and we'd have to turn to Law and Order to get some respite.