Sunday, July 01, 2007

sonic has arrived


A few weeks ago I read Jeff's frustrations with Sonic running commericals in South Florida...Jeff felt very teased by their marketing efforts since his online search for Sonic locations showed that the closest Sonic was nearly 100 miles away.


Sonic marketers are, in fact, not crazy...we have a SONIC, America's Drive-In! Woo-Hoo! Life is good. In some ways I feel pathetic to be this excited about a fast-food chain. Hamburgers, extra-long coneys, tots, lemon-berry slushes...but these menu items are not the run-of-the-mill fast food options. Where else can you get a drink larger than your arm, made of thousands of flavor possibilities, for $2? Only at Sonic.
I learned of Sonic's newly-opened location just last week and Ryan and I both (well, maybe I was more than him since I'm blogging about it...) were looking for a good opportunity to make the 30 min. drive to drink-goodness. As we were making the drive tonight we both started laughing feeling uber-goofy for driving 30 min. for fast-food, so we had to remind ourselves that this was no ordinary fast-food we were after.
When it was my turn to order I blurted out that I wanted a Route 44 diet cranberry-limeade...Ryan looked at me...inquiring if I would be able to drink that much. Totally offended. Then I got the beverage. It was huge. I had never had a drink that large beforel, and about an hour later I offered him my drink. Nevertheless, we had a lovely Sonic, South-Florida evening.

5 comments:

AK said...

I am so happy for you!! I just don't know if I could live without being able to have a cranberry limeade within driving distance! Congratulations!!!

Grete said...

Somewhat contradictory to AK's comment, I'm so jealous of you!! :)
Jon and I have often pined for a strawberry creamslush (okay, that's me) or a Sonic burger (and that's Jon).
I laughed when I read about the HUGE drink you ordered!

Anonymous said...

Yea for chain restaurants!!! I know that ALL of you have said how you miss certain restaurants that were your favorites. Maybe it will be worth the drive for Jeff also!
Now you just need a good Mexican place!

RC said...

the good mexican place we need is chipotle!!!

(and for finer mexican...how about even an on the boarder would be nice)

AK said...

OOOOH...Chipotle! We need that here too. We do have Qdoba, though... We'll just have to drive to Richmond for Chipotle, I guess.