Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Fort Worth, Texas


So I'm one lucky adult for many reasons, but this week I am celebrating the wonderous gift of getting to observe Spring Break post college. . .aka 1 week paid vacation that doesn't take away from my other paid days off. . .beautimius! Another super bonus is that this wonderous gift of Spring Break post college is also true for Ryan, so we have made like tourists and taken in and rediscovered parts of our "cowtown" city.

The Modern Art Museum: Awesome building. It's a duck (that's for Mark Roberson), so it has some unique structural design that makes it noteworthy not only to me, but lots of architectural gurus who know way more about that stuff than I do. . . oh, and the art inside is pretty great too. . .

Joe T. Garcia's: We met up with friends from college last night at this Ft. Worth hotspot. I have had better Mexican Food than what you get at Joe T.'s, but I have not found a better resturant atmosphere than their patio dining. . .

The Log Cabin Village: So one of the tour guides questioned why we (a married couple) were there on Tuesday afternoon without children. . . "I haven't seen any couple come through here without children before. . ." Yea, so. . .we're adults on Spring Break, duh. . .

Starbucks: We went this morning. . .how could I say no to all 81 of the stores in Fort Worth?

TCU: We rode bikes at our alma mater. . .


Closing Thoughts
Spring Break is growing more beautiful each year. It will be a sad day if I ever get a job that doesn't provide this wonderful perk of a vacation week.

No comments: