Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Pantyhose


The term 'pantyhose' originated in the United States, referring to the combination of 'panties' (an American term for women's underpants) with sheer nylon hosiery. Taken from Wikipedia.

Pantyhose. I hate wearing pantyhose and am forced to wear them daily to work. My friend Amy says that pantyhose is an employeer's last great oppression on women, especially in the South, symbolic of caging them in or something. I basically think they feel gross on my legs and make Texas summers feel that much more miserable. And since I spend over 70 percent of the days of the week in these nasty nylon's, I end up snagging them and make another weekly trip to Target for another pair. Maybe Ryan and I should invest in some Leggs or Hanes stock...

Related Tags: , , , , ,

2 comments:

Sher said...

Oh, honey, I feel your pain. I am afraid I might be joining you in that awful style as well. I have to wear suits a lot. Weird. After my first paycheck we may need to go shopping for grown-up clothes. Working in the education world spoils you.

HomeImprovementNinja said...

Hanes Stock is actually a great idea. I featured the company in my Ninja Stock Picks (tm). Hopefully you'll make enough money on the stock that you won't have to work anymore.