Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Shyamalan Show


Last night we saw the movie “Lady in the Water” aka the M. Night Shyamalan show, with our friends Anthony & Allison. We all enjoyed watching it. While I did jump a few times, the film is really not as scary as I thought it would be. The characters were vivid and exaggerated and it was an original story.

I do have to say that I was extremely distracted most of the time because the film’s writer/director/producer M. Night Shyamalan was also pretty much the lead actor. I know that he normally has a little blurp role in all his other films, his idea of a super cool trademark I guess, but his role was huge in Lady in the Water. Allison pointed out that it is probably pretty cool for his family that he wrote this children’s story and made it come to life in this movie and was even co-starring, but to everyone else… not so cool.

Related Tags: , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Sher said...

Still haven't seen that yet. Not sure if I'll get a chance to in the theater. So was it enjoyable? I really liked The Village, even though it scared me.

BTW - I think he's so cute!

RC said...

henry david thorough, that's interesting about Hitchcock keeping to his appearances but doing them early and obviously...it sounds sort of familiar, but certainly not something I have in my mental database.

that's really very interesting.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com