Wednesday, January 03, 2007

imported snow


I enjoyed imported snow for the 3rd time in my life tonight. Imported snow is what companies will deliver to you by the ton if you live in a warm place and want to enjoy a snowball fight and snowman building. Tonight our apartment complex brought in 3 tons of snow for people to play in at a community social. It was a lot of fun watching all of the kids and adults enjoying themselves. It was the first time that some of our neighbors had seen snow in the mild climate of South Florida.


My first 2 experiences with imported snow happened while I was a TCU student at their annual Frog Freeze that kicked off the spring semester. I joked with Ryan that we are developing a track record for living in cities that require the importation of snow to cheer people up about missing winter weather. The sad thing is that when I drove home today and saw the snow being dumped out of a truck it really didn't phase me...my thought was, "oh, they do imported snow here too."
*the above picture is from the TCU Frog Freeze 3 years ago.

2 comments:

Shane said...

You are such the journalist with your asterix and explaination that the picture was from another event. Good form Kimberly...Good form.

Anonymous said...

i send you some snow. it is in the negative degrees now.